APRIL 5th/19th 2018
SANTO STEFANO AL PONTE CHURCH - FLORENCE
CALL FOR ENTRIES
QUICK INFOS (For a detailed description on how to participate and how to send your work go to the dedicated section.)
- SUBMISSION START: FEBRUARY 11th 2018 (ROME GMT)
- SUBMISSION END: MARCH 20th 2018 (ROME GMT)
- THEME: Portraits of humans.
- 4 (FOUR) CATEGORIES
- 12 ARTWORKS SELECTED, PRINTED FRAMED AND EXHIBITED.
- EXHIBITION: From APRIL 5th to APRIL 19th 2018. Santo Stefano al Ponte ancient medieval cloister, Florence. ITALY
- 7 AWARDS.
- FILE FORMAT: .JPG FILES (at max. resolution available)
MAJE is a revolutionary concept of Mobile Art exhibition where the photos will come alive enhanced by the original musical score composed specifically for the event, the thirteen 511-inches screens and from the 32 laser projectors installed in the Santo Stefano al Ponte church.
A VISUAL-MUSIC OPERA.
The MAJE Visual Music Experience composed and played live by the musician Marco Testoni (Pollock Project) and directed by Andrea Bigiarini it’s a Mobile Arts Opera and will be divided into four acts that each describes and highlights four of the most significant emotional states of the human being: 1. Thoughtful. 2. Action. 3. Drama. 4. The funny, the grotesque.
You can find the previous editions here
The exhibition will be held inside the ancient medieval cloister of the Church of Santo Stefano al Ponte - Florence - Italy from APRIL 5th to APRIL 19th 2018 (3000 AVG Visitors each week) along with rare portraits and caricatures of the French painter Claude Monet.
THE INTERNATIONAL JURY
The International Jury is formed by:
- Cadu Lemos (mObgraphia Cultura Visual) - Brazil
- Manuela Matos Monteiro (MIRA Forum) - Portugal
- Joanne Carter (TheAppWhisperer) - U.K.
- Linda Hollier (iPhoneographer) - Arab Emirates
- Lee Atwell (iPhoneographer) - USA
- Nettie Edwards (iPhoneographer) - U.K.
- Sukru Mehmet Omur (Hipstamatic Turkey) - Turkey
- The MAJE Florence AWARDS assigned by the International Jury to the 12 artworks selected for the exhibition.
- The MAJE Florence Best in Show Award assigned by the 3 Presidents of the International Jury: Cadu Lemos, Joanne Carter and Manuela Matos Monteiro.
- The CROSSMEDIA Award assigned by Crossmedia Group
- The IMPOSSIBLE HUMANS Award assigned by The New Era Museum
- The MAJE Appwhisperer Award assigned by Joanne Carter for The AppWhisperer .
- The MAJE mObgraphia Award assigned by Cadu Lemos for mObgraphia Cultura Visual.
- The MAJE MIRA Award assigned by Manuela Matos Monteiro for MIRA Forum.
HOW TO PARTECIPATE
To participate at the exhibition you must purchase the MAJE Admission token (fee). Click on the image.
The price of each token is €30 (30 Euros) allows you to send 4 (FOUR) photos and join the MAJE Facebook secret group where all the submitted artworks will be shown.
The fee is considered as a contribution for the expenses of prints, framing, organization, installations and rent of the exhibition space for MAJE.
You can buy as many tokens as you want.
Thanks for purchasing the Admission Token and support MAJE. In addition to the works that you will send for the exhibition, the New Era Museum will select and insert in the MAJE Video Live Experience your works previously sent to the NEM Self , NEM Impossible Humans, NEM Streets and NEM BlackandWhite groups on Facebook.
HOW TO SUBMIT - READ CAREFULLY
At the time of purchase of each token you will receive an email address where you can send a maximum of 4 works.
FILE FORMAT: You must send only .JPG files.
THEME: Portraits of people.
CATEGORIES: you can choose to submit each photo in one of the 4 (FOUR) MOOD CATEGORIES:
- (M1) MOOD 1: thoughtful, meditative.
- (M2) MOOD 2: dynamic, action.
- (M3) MOOD 3: dramatic, intense.
- (M4) MOOD 4: funny, grotesque.
The file names must be as follows:
- The Category prefix (M1,M2,M3,M4) that best describes your photo.
- The initial letter of your name followed by the character "-".
- Your last name.
- A progressive number depending on how many tokens you have purchased. (Normally from 1 to 4 for 1 token)
EXAMPLE: Andrea Bigiarini want to send his four files only in the DRAMATIC category.
The names of the files will be:
“M3a-bigiarini1.jpg”, “M3a-bigiarini2.jpg”, “M3a-bigiarini3.jpg” and “M3a-bigiarini4.jpg”. If Andrea decides to buy a second token the final numbers will be from 5 to 8.
REMEMBER: You can buy as many tokens as you want.
PLEASE NOTE: The jury will evaluate the photos by category. The 3 best photos for each category will be selected and exhibited at the show.
ALL THE SUBMITTED ENTRIES WILL APPEAR IN THE IMMERSIVE LIVE EXPERIENCE.
SUBMISSION START: FEBRUARY 12th 2018 (ROME GMT)
SUBMISSION END: MARCH 20th 2018 (ROME GMT)
- The artist must own the full copyright for each entry.
- NEM does not take responsibility for any traffic issues that may cause the contest site to be offline.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Fees will not be refunded.
- NEM is not responsible for the loss or failure of any submission.
- The printed artworks remains at disposal of NEM.
- SEE DETAILS OF THE TYPE OF NOT ALLOWED IMAGES. The Experience is open to the public to all ages inside of a deconsecrated church so you must follow some rules.
- All images must be WITHOUT borders, frames, watermarks and signatures.
- All images must be taken and edited ONLY with mobile devices. (tablets, smartphones or mobile phones) - EXIF data will be checked.
- Artworks may ONLY be edited using mobile device apps.
- We will only consider submissions that have been sent to us using this page and method
- Images with WATERMARKS, FRAMES, BORDERS and SIGNATURES will not be considered and fee not refunded.
- Images considered totally OUT OF THE TOPIC/THEME will be not considered and fees not refunded.
WE WILL NOT CONSIDER
- Partial nudity (e.g. female nipples) regardless of context.
- Frontal pelvic nudity.
- Anuses (tasteful adult bottoms e.g. buttocks/cheeks are ok).
- Prurient nudity (e.g. fondling, implied masturbation, or implied sexual contact between two or more people).
- Sexually suggestive or prurient images containing children.
- Blatant prurient activity.
- Pornography, or images related to pornographic titles, whether they contain nudity or not.
- Realistic sex toys, sex toys in an erotic context, or implied use.
- Frequent or intense realistic violence.
- Book or Magazine covers
- Soundtrack covers
- Product or service advertisements
- Images for which you do not own the copyright or have the necessary rights.
NEW ERA MUSEUM (NEM) IMAGE USE
- The artist retains all copyright for their images.
- Any image used by NEM will be properly identified and credited to its author.
- Participation in this exhibition presumes the artist grants NEM the right to use images in publications, events, concerts, live performances and promotional materials.