IMPOSSIBLE HUMANS: THE INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION
On view March 3 – April 9, 2017
Entrance to McMahon Gallery (Open Daily 9:00am-8:00pm)
Exhibition Reception: Friday, March 10, 5:00-7:00pm
“Labels are for cans, not people.” – Andy Warhol
Impossible Humans is a new kind of photographic event.
The main goal of the Impossible Humans project is to focus on the single person in order to enhance uniqueness and singularity, harmoniously placing the subject in her/his own environment, following the key component of the mindset that carried the European culture from the Middle Ages to Renaissance blossoming.
In short, the idea is to portray individuals detached from mass standards, cataloguing, and divisions created by social, cultural, and religious identities.
To place the single person in a perfectly multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment.
Thus, Impossible Humans revolves around the portraiture of people; their uniqueness and personalities, enhancing our awareness of being each and all humans in every respect, each with our own with flaws, passions, emotions and dreams.
©Impossible Humans is a project and photographic action by the New Era Museum ideated and curated by Andrea Bigiarini
Equinox call for entries video teaser
All the infos, terms, format & theme at this link:
- The Equinox Experience Exhibition
- EXHIBITION: FROM MARCH 12th TO MARCH 26th 2017
- WHERE: Santo Stefano al Ponte Church and Cloister
- SUBMISSION START: JAN 22 2017 (ROME GMT)
- SUBMISSION END: FEB 19 2017 (ROME GMT)
- 20 PRINTED ARTWORKS SELECTED BY THE JURY
- ALL THE ENTRIES WILL APPEAR IN THE IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE
- MOBILE PHOTOGRAPHY AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE
- VIDEO PROJECTION - Ultra hight quality
- 30 LASER FULL HD PROJECTORS
- AN EMOTIONAL POINT OF VIEW INTO YOUR PHOTOS
- A TOTAL IMMERSION IN THE MOBILE PHOTOGRAPHY WORLD TO CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF IPHONEOGRAPHY (2007-2017)
- 11 GIANT PROJECTION SCREENS (36ft.) (11 meters)
- The extraordinary and evocative power of all the entries submitted to the Flickr Dedicated Group.
- A SPECTACULAR DISPLAY OF DETAILS
- A multimedia show in where the audience is literally immersed into giant size projections
- Live concert by Marco Testoni (Pollock Project) during the visual Experience.
- PATENTED Technology Matrix X- Dimension
- BE PART OF THIS REVOLUTIONARY MOBILE EXHIBITION AND SUPPORT THIS PROJECT
- 25€ for 3 ENTRIES
- ALL THE SUBMITTED IMAGES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE VISUAL EXPERIENCE FOR PUBLIC VIEW
- 20 WORKS WILL BE SELECTED BY THE JURY, PRINTED FRAMED AND EXHIBITED IN THE ANCIENT SANTO STEFANO CHURCH CLOISTER
- AVERAGE VISITORS PER WEEK: 6000
- READ HOW TO PARTECIPATE HERE: [http://bit.ly/nemequinox]
- “ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?” (Jimi Hendrix)