IMPOSSIBLE HUMANS - THE UNEXPECTED HAPPENING ROME
A visionary performance of contemporary art, music and new visual arts, where the Pollock Project’s Jazz meets the imaginative world of the artists from the New Era Museum (NEM).
LOCATIONS OF THE IHUH EVENT
- WHERE: AUDITORIUM PARCO DELLA MUSICA - ROME
- WHEN: March 12 2016
- EXHIBITION: GALLERIA LANCELLOTTI FROM MARCH 11 TO MARCH 26.
- SHOOTING SET: AUDITORIUM FOYER.
- CONCERT: AUDITORIUM TEATRO STUDIO.
The Impossible Human - The Unexpected Happening - IHUH Exhibition will be held at GALLERIA LANCELLOTTI from MARCH 11 to MARCH 26 - Rome.
DESCRIPTION OF THE IHUH EVENT
FORMAT OF THE ENTRIES
START: FEB 15th 2016
END: FEB 28th 2016
On FEBRUARY 28th the Jury will select:
- 10 finalist artworks that will be printed (60x60 cm. LAMBDA Prints), framed and hanged in the IHUH EXHIBITION.
- 10 honorable mentions artworks that will be projected on the monitors of the IHUH EXHIBITION
All the 20 selected finalists artworks will appear in the exhibition, the live concert and on the catalog with credits.
THE INTERNATIONAL JURY
The IHUH International Jury is formed by 10 Mobile Arts Artists:
ALEX VISAGE (Russia)
Photographer and awarded iPhoneographer.
ALDO PACHECO (Canada)
Studied Electronic Engineer, specializing in wireless telecommunications
Professional jeweler, enthusiastic writer, musician, ceramist, and photographer
Relocated to Canada from Peru in 2006 and discovered iphoneography in 2010
NEM founder artist, curator of NEM KARMA, NEM PURE, FIPA gate keeper and member of the NEM ALOGUE
Personal iphonic art projects: Cadavre Exquis on Facebook
Artwork featured in NEM Photo Actions, Pixels, and various other publications
internationally acclaimed awards include MPA 2013, 2014, 2015 and MIRA Mobile Prize 2014, 2015
Artwork exhibited in cities including Porto, Paris, Los Angeles, and Florence
ANDY BUTLER (United Kingdom)
Andy Butler is a UK iPhone photographer and founder of the website, Mobiography.net and editor of the supporting Mobiography Magazine, a long running digital publication dedicated to the subject of mobile photography. He is a passionate advocate of mobile photography and through the Mobiography website and magazine is able to explore the world of mobile photography, showcasing the talents of the many individuals within this emerging genre. Andy is also a member of the social photography collective, Grryo.com, and in 2015 spoke on the subject of mobile photography and digital publishing at MOJOCon, the first international Mobile Journalism Conference in Dublin, Ireland.
BRENDAN Ó SÉ (Ireland)
Photographer/iPhone photographer from Cork, Ireland. Brendan offers mobile photography workshops in association with Cork's Glucksman Gallery and The Gallery of Photography in Dublin. These workshops are supported by Olloclip. In April 2015, Brendan won the Mira Mobile Photography Prize. He was awarded 'Best in Show' at the Florence International Photography Awards in June 2015.
CLARISSE DEBOUT (France)
Clarisse Debout grew up in the cultural world thanks to her father music composer and her mother actress and singer. After several years in show production, photography requires Clarisse as evidence from 2010 She works for MUM Magazine and Balthazar before embarking on a first exhibition in January 2013 at the Galerie Hors Champs in Paris . Follows by a second exhibition in Montfort l'Amaury for Art2fact in June 2014 and a third in the espace MADART Gallery Cardin in Paris in November 2014. In décember 2014, Clarisse's work is integrated with the creation of the symposium organized by the Sorbonne and the Institut of Art History. Today, Clarisse has chosen to focus on the mobile picture and captures, through his smartphone, unique and totally spontaneous moments that she re-works through apps. Her picures are regularly selected by famous websites specialised in mobile pictures In April 2015, PhotoMagazine chose one of her photos to illustrate an article about mobile artistic photography trends .
DIETER GAEBEL (Germany)
I live with my girlfriend in Offenbach, Germany. Since having studied ‘Visual Communication,’ I have worked for the past twenty years as an advertising executive. The artistic fine art photography has always interested me and in 2012, I discovered my passion for iPhoneography and the possibilities what represented as ‘mobile art.’ Since then, I have been photographing and editing almost every day. My mobile perspective and artistic work expanded and in 2013 I became one of the founder artists of ‘NEM — The New Era Museum', founded and curated by Andrea Bigiarini. 2014 some of my artistic work has been shown in exhibitions in Germany and in 2015 in the Tethys Gallery, Florence, Italy.
DILSHAD CORLEONE (United Kingdom)
Dilshad Corleone aka @italianbrother considers himself to be a true Mobile Photographer. His street photography has been exhibited internationally in Europe, America and East Asia, from London to Japan passing by, most recently, from The Soho Gallery for Digital Art in New York, to name but a few. Dilshad Corleone was the main contributor for two main inspirational videos that saw him walking on the streets of Barcelona and London and photographing the day-to-day life.
MARK DANIELS (United States)
Mark Daniels is an artist who has lived in the Far East for twenty years and works in various technology businesses to support his art practice. He joined the NEM group shortly after it started to support the vision of free expression and global collaboration using the powerful new mobile phone digital applications. In this way he can work at a day job and operate a covert art practice under the cover of apparent normality.
NETTIE EDWARDS (United Kingdom)
Artist, Designer, Writer, Educator - Nettie trained as a theatrical designer and followed that profession for over 20 years before pursuing a creative career that combined social engagement, historical research and lens based work for which she was awarded a prestigious Wingate Scholarship. Since 2009, she has shot exclusively with iPhones. One of the first artists to explore the creative possibilities of multi apping and collaging with a mobile device, her work has won numerous awards. Nettie lives in the UK and works in the UK and Europe. She utilizes both digital and alternative/historical photo printing processes, most notably, Anthoype (plant based) prints. She was a juror in first three years of the Mobile Photography Awards.
PATRICIA LARSON (Mexico)
Photographer and awarded iPhoneographer.
THE JURY’S EYE
During the IHUH Exhibition 1 artwork/photo of each member of the jury will be framed and exposed to the visitors.
- AH! AWARD (Given by Pollock Project musicians and staff).
- Impossible Humans NEM Award.
- Mobiography Award.
- Ginger Magazine Special Award.
- Best in Show Award.
- Black & White Award.
- Color Award.
- 10 HONORABLE MENTIONS
- All the 20 selected artworks will be projected as background of the stage during the concert at Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome.
- Every artist who wants to participate to the exhibition must buy a IHUH Access Token before join the dedicated Flickr group and submit the works.
- Any artist may submit a maximum of 3 images (black and white or color)
- The artist must own the full copyright for each entry.
- The deadline for submissions is FEB 14, 2016 ROME GMT
- NEM does not take responsibility for any traffic issues that may cause the submission page/system to be offline.
- The event organization reserve the right to change the terms without notice.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Fees will not be refunded.
- NEM is not responsible for the loss or failure of any submission.
- After the jury selection, each finalist will need to immediately submit the artwork digitally at maximum resolution for printing.
- The printed artworks remains at disposal of NEM.
Please note that:
All images must be in SQUARED 1:1 FORMAT WITHOUT borders, frames, watermarks and signatures.
All images must be taken and edited ONLY with mobile devices. (tablets, smartphones or mobile phones).
- Artworks may ONLY be edited using mobile device apps.
- We will only consider submissions that have been sent to us using this page and method.
- Images with WATERMARKS, FRAMES, BORDERS and SIGNATURES will not be considered and fee not refunded.
- Images with a ratio different than SQUARED (1:1) will be not considered and fees not refunded.
- Landscapes, abstracts or images different than PORTRAIT will be not considered and fees not refunded.
NEM IMAGE USE
- The artist retains all copyright for their images.
- Any image used by NEM will be properly identified and credited to its author.
- Participation in this exhibition presumes the artist grants NEM the right to use images in publications, events, concerts, live performances and promotional materials.